Friday 20 July 2012

Introducing.....Millamaloo Littlies!

I know in a previous post I have complained about the difficulty of making dolls but after MANY hours of practise I have almost mastered it (Milla only has about 3 'rejects' now!) and I am so in LOVE with making them. I believe each one has a big personality for such a little doll (they're only about 30cm from head to tippy-toe). And it's so much fun working out what they'll wear and of course...their names!

I know I jump around from one idea to the next a bit, and it's probably a little confusing for everybody, but I do hope that Millamaloo Littlies are here to stay as I have some awesome ideas - ideas that I actually haven't seen anywhere else, so hopefully you haven't either.

We're moving house in 3 weeks but only to temporary accommodation (apparently I'm supposed to pretend we're on holidays for 2-3 months - how the heck can I have a holiday without my sewing machine????). But hopefully once we're settled and I get my dream house that has a sewing room (well, I did say 'dream'), I'll be able to see all my ideas come to life. My little ideas journal is starting to get very full!

So here's some pics of my Littlies so far. They are all adapted from a Dolls and Daydream pattern (Sarah's patterns are brilliant) but I hope you can see all their individual personalities like I can :)




Seth is part of the Collaborate for a Cause charity auction but all the other dolls will be available in a market night as soon as I can make a few more to go with them. I don't want them to be scared and lonely before they go off to their new homes :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm looking for a special gift for a 1 year old coming up soon. Just wondering how long it would take to make a replica Addy with brown hair and maybe denim for black part of skirt? Plus a matching outfit in a size 1? And how much would this cost? Need gift by 17th August. You can contact me through my blog page. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete