Monday 11 July 2011

And so it begins....

I always swore there was NO WAY I'd ever have a blog. What a waste of time, I thought. What the heck would I write about? And who, in their right mind, would actually read what I wrote?

Well I've decided to give it a go because I so, so want to be part of the handmade community. I don't have a lot of time at the moment to actually make things (strangely enough, two kids, a husband and a part time job seem to take up a fair bit of time!) but hopefully as my kids get a bit older I might have more of a chance.

In the meantime, I'm doing an exceptional job of building up a stash of crafty materials - fabric, ribbons, buttons, paper - all with the hope that one day I'll get a bit of time to create beautiful things with them. I have so many ideas in my head that I just look forward to the day I can see them come alive. Until then I'll have to be happy to see what other talented people make!!

Hopefully in a few year's time I'll look back on this first blog post and think 'wow, I've come a long way!'.

No comments:

Post a Comment